S&P 500 2,441.20 17.28
Gold$1,224.80 $5.30
Nasdaq 6,253.81 61.92
Crude Oil $60,490.00      $-1570.00
DAILY EARNINGS

Accenture, FedEx, Nike, Paychex Net Soar


Author: Mukesh Buch
ticker.com
Last Update: 12:15 PM ET December 21 2016

12:00 PM New York – Accenture first-quarter net surged 22% to $1.1 billion. FedEx second-quarter net increased 1% to $700 million. Finish Line third-quarter net loss widened to $40.4 million. Nike second-quarter net jumped 7% to $842 million. Paychex second-quarter net soared 7% to $202.1 million.

Tollbooth Index fell 22.98 or 0.2% to 11,280.14.

Earnings Review

Accenture Plc (ACN), the Ireland-based professional services provider reported revenues in the first-quarter ending in November advanced 6% from a year ago to $8.5 billion.

Net income in the quarter surged 22% to $1.1 billion or $1.58 per diluted share compared to the $869 million or $1.28 per share from the same quarter last year.

Accenture forecasted net revenues in the second quarter to jump between 5% and 8% or in the range of $8.15 billion to $8.40 billion.

In fiscal 2017, the professional services provider estimated revenues to increase between 5% and 8% and lowered diluted earnings forecast in the range of $5.64 to $5.87 compared to the earlier estimated range of $5.75 to $5.98.

FedEx Corporation (FDX), the parcel and freight delivery services provider reported total revenues in the second-quarter ending in November jumped 20% from a year ago to $14.9 billion.

Net income in the quarter increased 1% to $700 million or $2.59 per diluted share compared to the $691 million or $2.44 per share from the same quarter last year.

FedEx said operating profit in ground delivery segment and freight segment declined by 12% and 13% respectively.

Finish Line Inc (FINL), the specialty retailer stated revenues in the third-quarter ending on November 26 rose 3% from a year ago to $371.7 million.

Comparable store sales in the quarter increased 0.7% while Finish Line Macy’s sales soared 33.2%.

Net loss in the quarter widened to $40.4 million or $1 per diluted share compared to the $21.8 million or 49 cents per share from the same quarter last year.

In the fourth-quarter, the footwear retailer estimated comparable store sales to decline between 3% and 5% and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share in the range of 68 cents to 73 cents.

The retailer forecasted comparable store sales in the fiscal year between flat to raise of 1% and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share in the range of $1.24 and $1.30.

Nike Inc (NIKE), the athletic footwear, apparel and accessories developer said revenues in the second-quarter ending in November advanced 6% from a year ago to $8.2 billion.

Net income in the quarter jumped 7% to $842 million or 50 cents per diluted share compared to the $785 million or 45 cents per share from the same quarter last year.

Paychex, Inc (PAYX), the outsourcing and staffing services provider total revenues in the second-quarter ending in November jumped 7% from a year ago to $771.4 million.

Net income in the quarter soared 7% to $202.1 million or 56 cents per diluted share compared to the $189.2 million or 52 cents per share from the same quarter last year.

Payroll reaffirmed revenues in the fiscal 2017 to increase in the range of 3% to 4% and total service revenue is expected to increase in the range of 7% to 8%.
  1
Sources: Data collected by 123jump.com and Ticker.com from company press releases, filings and corporate websites. Market data: BATS Exchange. Inc